Friday, October 22, 2010

Power outage

Azalea and I were awakened at 5:30 am by an incredibly loud explosion. Then the whole house went dark.  I leave the Dvd player and the kitchen light on because it comforts her.  So the first thing I did was set the cell phone alarm to 6:20 so Brian could wake up for work. 

Azalea was crying because the loudness of the explosion and the darkness were scaring her. But luckily I had bought a music box that played rainforest sounds that she really likes, so I held her and played the music box.  Then the alarm went off and Brian woke up.  I don't know how a small cell phone alarm wakes him up but not a loud explosion.  I asked him about him and he seriously didn't hear it.

We found out that a transformer had blown and we would be without power all day.  It got really hot in our house so Azalea and I spent the afternoon at Brian's office. Thankfully the power was back on by the time we got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment